Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Thir13en Ghosts (2001)

Started by Jigsaw, March 08, 2018, 12:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

This updated version of the 1960 William Castle classic certainly has some good things going for it, be it setting or ghost design, but overall, it feels rather shallow and lacking.

What say you on this modern retelling of the 1960's classic?

Chucky

Been a long time since I've watched this one but from what I remember it was somewhat entertaining. Probably a 6-7/10 from what I remember but I'd have to dust off my old dvd and give it another watch before I rate it fairly and possibly consider if it's worth upgrading to bluray at some point.

Jigsaw

It might be entertaining at times, but personally, I wouldn't recommend shelling out the cash to upgrade it.  [*laugh*]

Chucky

Sometimes, at least here in Australia, movies like this you can get brand new on bluray for the equivalent of around $5 USD if you hit JB Hifi sales at the right time.  [*laugh*]

If I re-watch and like it enough, I'd probably grab it at a bargain bin price but I surely wouldn't pay a lot more than that for it.

Crash Dummie

The movie looks good, but all I remember is that I tried to watch it on TV when I was younger, and stopped cause it was really bad.

Jigsaw

It looks decent, really. Set's cool and creative, and ghost designs are great. Utterly lacks substance, though.