Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Cujo (1983)

Started by Jigsaw, March 10, 2018, 06:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

This adaptation of the classic Stephen King novel certainly has some charm, but the drama-filled portions really weighs down what otherwise is an enjoyable and tense film about a rabid dog and a car that won't start.

If you've seen this adaptation of King's novel, what were your thoughts?

Shadow

I liked it better than the novel- but I also didn't much care for the novel in the first place, so I suppose that doesn't say much. One thing that I think the novel did do better at was giving more of a perspective of Cujo himself, as opposed to the movie where it was far more about the mother/son. Cujo had actual reasons for going after them in the book, in the movie he's essentially Jaws with paws.

Jigsaw

Very true.

That said, I did much prefer the novel. Certainly not King's best (nor even in his top ten), but I loved the ending, and, like you said, the feeling they gave Cujo.

Crash Dummie

Love it.

It's far from being a perfect movie, but I went in with the expectation that it was gonna be trash. The boring first hour where they set up the characters makes the last, super tense half hour even better.

Jigsaw

Go write a review for it, then, and defend it from my barbed words.   [*laugh*]

Chucky

I don't think I've ever watched this with my full, undivided attention... which is funny because I actually have it on bluray.

Jigsaw

Seems like you have almost every other movie on Blu-Ray, so I'm not overly shocked.  [*hehehmm*]

Crash Dummie

I will review it, I just need to collect my thoughts. And your barbed words were well placed and deserved.  [*laugh*]

Puking king

I have only watched this twice, if not, 3 times since it came out.  When it did, I was very young then and my only focus was towards the dog - and how sad I was for him.  Now that I am older, I focus on all angles of a movie - story, acting, fx, and everything else that makes it a movie.  I cannot really think of anything unpleasant to say about this film.. other than the fact that it cuts deep and I don't really think of it as a bad thing.