Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Halloween (2007)

Started by Jigsaw, March 18, 2018, 09:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

I didn't utterly hate this film, but the first fifty minutes are a challenge, and past that point, there's not enough to bring the film anywhere near above average. Decent gore sequences aside, there's not much to recommend here.

What did you think of Zombie's take on this classic film?

Chucky

I read your review, I haven't watched the movie in a while, but you mention Laurie mimics being molested in her first scene, I remember Laurie's sister doing something like that early in the movie when Laurie is a baby... is there another scene where this happens that I'm not recalling correctly?

Jigsaw

Quote from: Chucky on March 18, 2018, 01:05:47 PM
I read your review, I haven't watched the movie in a while, but you mention Laurie mimics being molested in her first scene, I remember Laurie's sister doing something like that early in the movie when Laurie is a baby... is there another scene where this happens that I'm not recalling correctly?

It was in the scene introducing Laurie and her parents. Tried to find a video online, but am unable to at the moment.

Pretty sure it was her first scene, as her mother scolds her for that.

Just checked a link online, and in the video I came across, it's around 54:00 minutes in. Really makes her a hell of a lot less sympathetic as opposed to Jamie Lee Curtis' Laurie in the original.

Chucky

Ok, I think I  kind of recall it now. Eh, that wouldn't affect my sympathy level for her. Teens of the modern age do a lot worse on the normal than make an inappropriate joke or whatever.

Didn't Laurie smoke in the original Halloween? Naughty girl.  [*tsktsk*]

Jigsaw

Mayhap, but she was so cute and introverted, I didn't care.  [*laugh*]