Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker (1982)

Started by Chucky, May 19, 2018, 09:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker isn't a fantastic movie, but it does deserve more attention than what it receives if only for being a much different type of 80's slasher film than the standard maniac in a mask formula.

Have you ever seen it?

Jigsaw

I've not seen this one, but wanted to point out that at first, I was taken aback, because I hadn't heard of it. Upon further inspection, the film is also known as Night Warning, which is what I think of the film as.

Like you said, I don't see this one being brought up all that often, but the little I have heard about it has been decently positive (as the rating on IMDb would lead one to believe). I see it has Svenson in it, and though I've not seen much with him, I did like him in the 1977 television movie Snowbeast.

While not amazing, based off your review, at the very least, it seems worth at least one viewing, especially if you're a fan of 80's slashers.

Chucky

Even though it is known as Night Warning also, I think Butcher Baker is the more common title. That's what it's released as on DVD and Bluray in the US and that's the title that came up at the beginning of the movie as I watched it.

Jigsaw

No doubt, I'd just never heard it before. It's probably most likely due to the fact I have my IMDb set to show the original titles, not most common (which is, by the way, why for most foreign movies, I know the foreign name better than the English one).  [*laugh*]

As it is, I noticed that I have this movie in my watch list on IMDb, which is a list of horror flicks I want to see, so I probably should have watched it when you did. Since I didn't, I may try to watch this within the next week or so.